Michael C. GordonPartner
Download Full Biography
Michael Gordon is a partner at Foreman Friedman and has extensive experience as trial counsel in numerous complex civil litigation matters, including product liability, negligent security, aviation disasters, catastrophic trucking accidents, medical malpractice, premises liability, maritime, construction defect and other construction related disputes. He has also successfully represented life insurance companies and other insurers in various insurance related litigation and coverage matters.
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Defense Research Institute
- President-Elect, Miami Beach Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance, Transportation and Property Committees
- Forum on Construction Law, American Bar Association
Awards and Recognition:
- Listed as one of South Florida’s best attorneys in South Florida’s Legal Guide, 2001
- Listed in Florida Trend Magazine’s “Florida Legal Elite,” 2010
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers, “Top Up and Comers,” 2009-2012
Publications & Presentations:
- “Mediating with The Three C’s: Construction Defects, Coverage and Confusion,” Claims & Litigation Management Alliance New York Conference, 2016
- “Not Like Fine Wine: Controlling and Mitigating Automobile Bodily Injury Claims,” co-author, Litigation Management, 2016
- “Practical Professionalism: Ethics, Standards, and Civility in Claims Handling and Insurance,” Claims & Litigation Management Alliance on site-training Kemper Insurance Company, 2016
- “Negotiation Strategies 2.0,” Claims & Litigation Management Alliance on site-training Ascendant Insurance Company, 2015
- New York Law School, (J.D., cum laude, 1998) Notes and Comments editor for New York Law School Law Review. Murray Stockman Memorial Award for the highest average in the law of evidence.
- University of Florida, (B.A. 1995) Golden Key National Honor Society. Dean’s list.