Marian Rivera has focused her practice on defending companies in cases involving Catastrophic Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Medical Negligence, Product Liability, Premises Liability, and Negligent Security. Ms. Rivera has a proven track record of success in achieving favorable outcomes for her clients through skilled negotiation and litigation.
Among her notable cases, Ms. Rivera represented a hospitality and transportation company in a multi-party mass tort case. Ms. Rivera also routinely defends medical malpractice cases for one of the largest providers of radiology and oncology services in the country. Prior to joining Foreman Friedman, Ms. Rivera gained extensive experience in advising, evaluating, and litigating property insurance coverage disputes for residential and commercial policyholders. She also worked on the creation and enforcement of business relationships and disputes, including breach of contract. Her legal experience and dedication to providing exceptional representation allow her to advocate for her clients’ rights and interests in complex legal matters in both federal and state courts.
Ms. Rivera’s Experience Includes:
- Mass-Casualty Litigation: Successfully obtained dismissal on behalf of foreign tour operator on jurisdictional grounds in multi-party wrongful death lawsuits.
- Premises Liability Litigation: Represented event management company in defense of personal injury lawsuit brought by hotel employees alleging negligence for event set up/take-down at popular South Beach hotel.
- Medical Malpractice Litigation: Represented national healthcare companies in defense of action alleging negligent selection and retention of independent contractor physicians.
- Business Litigation
- First-Party Property Insurance Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Professional Liability Litigation
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law
- B.A., B.S., Florida International University, magna cum laude, Psychology and Criminal Justice
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Awards & Accolades
- Golden Key Honour Society, Florida International University
- Psi Chi Honor Society, Florida International University
- Delta Epsilon Iota Honor Society, Florida International University
- Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Recipient
- Ford Salute to Education Scholarship Recipient
Professional & Community Involvement
- Ms. Rivera is an active member of the Cuban-American and Miami-Dade Bar Associations.
- Spanish (fluent)